Sunday, June 22, 2008

Candy

This is Candy and Brian. I love them! They are the best people ever! She has on a red wig, Brian wanted a change and got her the red wig.


The hospital had a benefit dinner and dance for Candy tonight.

I went with Mr. Bruce and I brought my camera. I was going to take all kinds of pictures and then post them but after 3 or 4 pictures my batteries went dead. Fuck.
It was the funnest I had in a while. The DJ was an RN from the ED. His name is Jim and he is the greatest person. He played some awesome music. I did get a picture of him. :)
This is Jim talking to Candy, that is Brian her husband, Bruce's little brother. Brian has been on the fire department since he was 16 years old. His fire department helped with the dinner and dance. They raised $1,200.00 plus paid 4 months rent for them. It made Brian cry in a good way.


This is my grand-daughter Taryn who danced up a storm and made her grandma laugh. She is just like Bruce in her actions....


This is Candy and one of the med secretaries. One of the guys at work donated all of the flowers and we got to take home the center pieces on the tables. They were so pretty.

Then my stupid batteries died. And the night was just getting started. After a few drinks people started to dance and really let go. I was pissed because my camera pooped out. But my mother-in-law had her camera and she took some pictures so I will post more as the come out. My mother-in-law was very sweet to me, extra nice. I guess since I haven't talked to her since her remark she had time to think about it and decided to be nice.

It was a good night. Now if I could only get some sleep. Love you guys...XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOOXOXOOXO)XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXO

6 comments:

Nit Wit said...

It's always easier to have a good time when you know your helping someone.
I always use rechargeable batteries in my camera and keep a spare set in the case. It uses four AA's and if I use the display and flash they quit quick.
Hope you’re in the Land of Nod right now.
I hope you don't have to use too many pain pills. I have always just flushed them because of other family member’s history with them and what they call nerve pills.
Can't wait for the contest! Are foreheads in play?

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a lovely evening. Im so glad to read that Candy and Brian were given so much money to take the worry off of them for the next few months.

yellowdoggranny said...

what a great way to help..have fun and do good...west, texas is like that..always having benefits and raising money for someone..
tell candy she looks great in her new red do...the grandbaby is a keeper..soooo cute..
i love you my friend..have a package coming your way..

sageweb said...

Wow what a great night and so many wonderful people. I love hearing stories like this...you made me smile.

Mouthy Girl said...

Hooray for Candy and Brian! There's something about people coming together in a grass roots manner that makes me believe that we haven't lost our ability to just BE HUMAN.

Tell Candy that she looks sassy with her red hair! She needs to toss her head around in glee!

Rainwolf said...

Candy looks great with red hair (even tho I never saw her before).
People are mostly good, I like it when they show it.
Love to all of you. Hope you're sleeping peacefully, I'm off to attempt that.