Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This Song Says It All For Me!

City by the Lake 2008

Words & Music by John Heino

Northbound I-35, savoring the Thompson Hill view
Senses coming alive, drinking in the blue on blue
I’m gonna take a long walk by the shore
Let the waves work their magic once more
I can’t tell you what a difference it makes
To be back in the City By the Lake

Grandma’s deck in the sun, ore boat under the bridge
Seagulls keeping close watch, eyein’ my cheesy prime rib
I’m gonna catch a show at Sacred Heart
Get inspired and maybe make some art
I can’t tell you what a difference it makes
To be back in the City by the Lake

I’ve been gone such a long time, I think I lost my place
Now I know that I belong here in the City by the Lake

Saturday afternoon, Blues ‘n’ Things on the air
Jim Hall growlin’ a tune, homegrown musical fare
Belly up with the Brewhouse crowd
For a burger and an Oatmeal Stout
I can’t tell you what a difference it makes
To be back in the City by the Lake

I graduated with John, the writer of this song. We recently reconnected and reminisced about Duluth, the city by the lake.

Life is coming together for me in so may places right now and I am happy to be alive. I have a surgery date...September 9, 2008. After that there will be no stopping me from achieving the life I want.

I am going home to the city by the lake and I am going to see my grand-daughter grow up and help in her raising. I'm going to hang out with my kids and bike ride with my sister. I have so much to look forward to. I thank you Creator for this sunshine after so many storms, I thank you.

I will miss my extended family out here. I will miss Taryn the most. She makes me laugh like not even Bruce can. But I know she has the best mom and dad and she has wonderful grandparents on both sides to watch out for her and as she grows she can come stay with me a few weeks every year during the summer. We can make this all work out because we love each other.

After my surgery I have 6 weeks to heal, no diabetes so that should go smoothly. Maybe go home for Christmas, we will see. But my future is looking good.

I am feeling very optimistic right now and I haven't felt that way in so long, what a great feeling.

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

beautiful song..beautiful post
im glad to hear you talk this way..you need to take care of yourself and do what's best for you..and you need your family and they need you...
i want to see some pictures of baby in the clothes...ha

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you sounding so happy, so positive. May the road ahead be easy and blessed

tsduff said...

Good to see you feeling good. It has been a long time coming. hugs

texlahoma said...

Cool beans, glad to see you optamistic optomistic optamystic (Ah screw it) happy.

sageweb said...

Oh I am happy for you being Happy. Yippee