Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Hospital & Other Stuff

My hospital is in deep shit trouble. Seems the CEO and two of his buddies who were also on the board were helping themselves to money that did not belong to them. The CEO got lung cancer and had to step down in January.

The new guy who stepped in discovered what a mess we are in. If we don't make a 8 million dollar payment on August 1, 2008 we will be closing our doors. They let 80 people go immediately. Trimming the fat he called it.

Another big hospital in Hartford, CT might buy us.


"They" spent the employee retirement fund. Criminal charges are being filed.

I still have my job. For how long I don't know.

Census is being kept low. The med floors can each hold about 30 patients, they are keeping the census to 15 each. Times are very scary for people who have been there a very long time, over 30 years. I've only been there 5 years and I feel very fortunate that I got the ring now.


Good news of the day, my son Travis is having his first baby, well not him but his wife Trina is having their first baby today. She is being induced. It's a good thing I sewed most of the day yesterday. Below is a picture of the quilt I am making. I had no pattern just made it up as I went. I hope they like it.

My favorite squares are the monkeys. You notice the Boston Red Sox one? Travis loves the Red Sox.

We, Bruce and I are headed to Maine for the week-end. His Auntie and Dad live up there. Auntie has a very nice pool and I have a lovely swimsuit to wear. I really need this week-end get away. We are bringing our tent and blow up mattress to sleep outside. Bruce and I love the great outdoors. We may even go swim in the ocean.

Have a wonderful day and a great week-end!

Love and Hugs to everyone!

7 comments:

Allan said...

F*ckity f*ck...it's a good thing we have such a wonderful healthcare system here...deliver us from the perils of socialized medicine and into the loving arms of GlomCo, Inc.
( checks passport, thinks of Canada...)

yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit...see, you should have taken that book store job..it may have been lower pay, but no one would be stealing your pension fund..them fuckers...have fun this week end..take it easy...a good dip in the ocean should be great for you..
congratulations granny...

sageweb said...

Great new on the new baby...what a lovely quilt. And those fuckers..I hope they get worse then jail time for stealing peoples money/retirement.

Rainwolf said...

Can't trust anyone anymore, fuckers.
The quilt is beautiful, congrats on the grandbaby.

billy pilgrim said...

what happens to the patients when rooms are closed? are there empty rooms in other hosptitals?

tsduff said...

SOME people are so cool because they know how to sew (NOT ME :D) Lucky grandkiddo who gets the quilt.

Sorry to hear about more corporate corruption ruining the working folks. What a shame - there isn't any security in longtime employment with any company anymore.

Your trip sounds heavenly - hope your swimming refreshes you entirely. Enjoy your hubby too :)

texlahoma said...

Fresh air,
stars in the sky,
the ocean nearby.
Sounds great, have fun!