Thursday, April 3, 2008

Work

Yeah, work was good. I get there go to supervising nurse where do you want me? She said room 320. Room 320 has TB. I said no. She said what do you mean no? I said when I came in on Sunday and signed up for work I explained to not one, but two supervising nurses because of my surgery and my re-constructive surgery...she interrupts me. What do you mean you had cancer and had surgery? I laugh and say Katherine I've been out for 5 weeks. OMG, I didn't know. I am so sorry and hugs me. So I go through the whole thing about being in rooms with precautions, were you have to gown up and gloves and mask and glasses and that sort of thing. Because my immune system is compromised. Also can't be in rooms were the detox patient is going through the worst of it and by that I mean the hallucinations and fighting. Can't afford a blow to the chest area. Some of the guys we get are 300 pounds and 6' 6" tall, right now a patient like that would pummel me. So I got the ED Crisis. Emergency Dept.

Everyone loves getting the ED. The ED is the best place to work in crisis.

I also am celebrating my 5 year anniversary there. As a gift from the hospital I'm getting a ring with 5 blue topaz stones, one for every year. And they are having a dinner on May 5th to honor a bunch of us for different things. I hope my boobs are done by then so I can buy a nice blouse and jeans for the occasion. Bruce says aren't you going to wear a dress? Bruce we've been together 7 years when is the first time you've seen me in a dress? Well he says it be kind of nice don't you think? Nope. I don't think so. I hate pantie hose, I hate the way it feels on my legs. At my age everything is about comfort.

This is the longest job I have ever held. I made it 5 years. Yeah for me!

I've always been self employed. I owned and operated my own child care for over 10 years. It was called Beansville Child Care. Then I did specialized needs foster care for Native American kids for 8 years. Always been a care taker of others in some sort of way.

So today I have off and I'm feeling better then I have in a while. I just may finish this up and go out side for a walk. :)

My best to everyone, have a great and glorious day!

PS>>>Bruce has a myspace if you want to check it out. I know Billy will. Check out the music Bruce likes...sick bastard. anyway here is his link...

http://www.myspace.com/theorigionalfamilyguy


7 comments:

Rainwolf said...

Congrats on your first day back, and the 5 years. Glad you're feeling better.

sageweb said...

Oh I am so glad work is good for you...and adore the baby pic on top.

McRaven said...

Thanks guys! That's my grand-daughter Taryn. She's the love of my life!

tsduff said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that you are in that line of work? Caring for others... and rehab no less. I know it well. You amaze me about being back at work - it seems like what happened to you was such a calamity that work just seems out of the question. But not for you. Wow.

I love your painting. Your work is beautiful - and so striking.

Take care - have a great day off.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh oh oh..she's so beautiful...
yeah, for you on your first day back...you rock my friend.i'm sending the gnome and tsduff wants one too, so she's getting one..ha...watch it though..they breed in dark spaces...

Janis Bland said...

Wow! I'm so glad your first day back went great.

As for what you do, the world needs LOTS more like you!

Hugs!

P.S. I'll post the "rogues gallery" on my blog so you can see who's who in La Casa de Juanuchis. :)

Mouthy Girl said...

I am SO glad that you first day back wasn't a killer!

The fact that the hospital is recognizing its workers makes me smile. We always work a little bit harder and with a little more pride when we know we're appreciated.

Here's to hoping that your boobs are perky and better by the time the dinner rolls around! I am just so very happy for you, Nancy!