Saturday, March 24, 2012

Honey

Since my gastric, I will be 4 years out on September 9th 2012, I have regained 20 of the 100 I lost. The doctors say I am a success.

I don't feel like a success. I just had my physical and my doctor said because of the 20 pound regained I have put myself in jeopardy for getting diabetes again. He did blood work and said he would get back to me. I am still waiting.

In my 4 years out I have worked hard to keep the weight off. I eat right most of the time. I am not perfect and once in a while succumbed to the devil white sugar. Not often because I get so sick from it. Literally get the sweats, nausea and head ache.

I personally know of two women I work with who had this surgery right around the time I had mine and they both have regained all of their weight back. Yup the stomach can't hold as much but you can eat a small amount all day long. I know because I have days like that. Days where I am so stressed I cannot stop eating but even then I still eat the way I am supposed to.

This has led me to honey. This winter I discovered honey. I hated honey as a young person. This winter when I was sick with a sore throat and cold I put honey in my tea. I loved it. Then I mixed it in peanut butter, this on Graham crackers is so yummy. But then I felt guilty because I was eating so much of it everyday.

Now I am at work and I just read this in Oprah's magazine...honey provides a concentrated dose of antioxidants and it appears to be easy on the heart and hips: in one study, people who had about ten teaspoons of honey every day for a month lowered their cholesterol by up to 3.3 percent while maintaining or even losing weight.

I was so happy to read that. I can keep my honey. =)

I am working now to lose the 20 pounds I have put on. Working hard and also working hard not to beat myself up over it.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

with all the walking and hiking you do I can't understand how you could gain any weight. chin up tits out.